Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mr. Darcy, Gilbert, & Fruity Pebbles


Whew boy, I am seriously in a F-U-N-K and why is the word FUN in that word, anyway? Because the FUNK is not FUN!

BUT I am so tired of the FUNK so I am determined to write a positive blog. Maybe it will make me feel better!

Quickly and just to get these things out of my head, here are reasons for the not FUN FUNK:
So far this year, I've had a miscarriage, my uncle died, my brother-in-law's very interesting grandma just died, my oldest sister Sharon's husband is fighting for his life, a close friend has a serious tumor and is having surgery this month and I wish I could be there, I spent some time in the hospital with church friends after a serious accident...the mom is still fighting for her life and her baby died saving her mom's life (see previous posts), and now I have a killer sinus infection. I feel so far away from my mainland family and friends. I WANT MY MOMMY!!!!

OK now that all of that stuff is out, let me move into the sunlight a bit. I have to or I'm going to lose all 14 of my blog followers besides being depressed myself.

So I'm going to list some things that make me happy. I think some of my friends have recently done this on their blogs and reading those blogs made me smile.

I love Fruity Pebbles cereal....I know it's not the best thing in the world for me but it's just so good! I'm pretty sure it was invented just for me.

I still think Tommy Boy might be one of the funniest movies ever. When they are driving down the road singing sappy love songs at the top of their voices....or when the deer wakes up and tears the car apart....oh my stars....I laugh so hard at these scenes.

I love ridiculous love stories: An Affair to Remember (meeting on top of the Empire State Building....awwww) Sleepless in Seattle (meeting on top of the Empire State Building...awww) Top Gun (this might be considered a bromance now though...ohhh, when Goose dies I still cry) The Man from Snowy River (young Australian lad hurls himself and his horse over a cliff and becomes a Man and wins Jessica) You've Got Mail (courtship via electronic love letters...awwww) It's A Wonderful Life (discovering what really matters in your life) Pride and Prejudice (Mr. Darcy. Enough said.) Anne of Green Gables (Gilbert. Enough said.) There are so many wonderful movies out there.....ha.....how nice to escape into faux-life sometimes.

Books. I am that person who will say, 99% of the time, that The Book Was Better. Because it usually is and don't argue with me.

Dark chocolate. My sister Michelle just told me that she discovered there is more iron in dark chocolate than in raisins. So toss those crinkled-up former grapes aside and bite into that blissful dark chocolate bar with NO GUILT baby, because you are doing yourself a favor.

Aahhh, I feel better already. How nice to write a perky blog...ha...and to finish it out here are some pictures of my hilarious kids. We like to go to Toys R Us and let them play with all the toys....ha...they probably don't realize it's a store where you are supposed to actually buy things instead of just playing with them. Anyway last October they discovered the Halloween costumes and yes, we dressed them up and let them run around the store like this. Yes, we are probably considered those relaxed, permissive hippy parents that cause you to roll your eyes but you know what? We don't care! It was so much fun and everyone that saw them smiled or laughed. I don't see what could be wrong with allowing your kids to have a little harmless fun and in the meantime, make memories and bring smiles to people :)

Mr. Frankenstein makes a face.

Curious George - this was his favorite

Curious George plays with the cute pink poodle

Miss Cute Pink Poodle...she loved running around squealing in this!

Oh, to be an innocent child again, just happily chilling on the floor
in your fun monkey costume.

2 comments:

  1. Shoshawna -
    You wont lose me as a follower. Crap happens. The "Funk" happens. Your reactions are perfectly normal and reasonable for all the pain happening right now. I love reading your blog and have come to love you through it. I think about you and your little one in heaven often.

    You're in my prayers and I send my love.

    P.S. LOVE BBC Pride & Prejudice and all of the Anne Shirley stories AND any type of chocolate (good or bad)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE the pics. LOVE them. And I'm not sure you could ever lose me as a follower? I think that would pretty much ruin our friendship..crazy but true

    Anyway, I loved this post. Nevermind that I knew everything about you already, but I loved the humor and honesty.

    And I really, really, wish you and Janelle were here with me so we coud have an Anne and Darcy marathon. :( xoxo

    ReplyDelete