Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Samuel's Tattoo Shop




Someday soon, I'll blog about our journey through the world of developmental delays, Samuel's early diagnosis of speech delay and the therapies, and his recent diagnosis of PDD-NOS on the Autism Scale. Whew! That's a whole 'nother story. It's been a challenge but God's blessings have been evident throughout the entire experience.

It's a painful experience, however, but I am a firm believer in using your own trials and lessons, no matter how painful, to help someone else when you can. If there is anyone else out there going through a similar trial...I can only hope that in some way, I can give them encouragement or at least, let them know that they aren't alone.

I'm just trying to gather my thoughts about this issue. Still.

But for now, above is a picture of my sweet (some of the time) baby boy being dapper while out shopping with Dad. I'm pretty sure there's magic marker remnants on his left cheek, which wouldn't be unusual since he has often been known to liberally self-tattoo. Here's proof of that; the first day of Hawaii Family Camp he obviously felt like he should apply some tribal tats before heading out to the more rural-Hawaiian area of the island:

And recently, he was discovered decorating his abs. Oh yeah, and his beautiful baby sister's face.



Can you imagine what she was thinking as he sweetly marked all over her face?!? 'Hold still, Oh-whi-wa," (how he says her name). "This won't hurt a bit. You'll look like a princess, I promise. Don't you trust your brother?"



OF COURSE he gets into trouble for this; time and time again. Sigh.

In the mean time, we are trying to learn to hide our markers. It's a fine line; encouraging your kids to have self-expression....appropriately!

1 comment:

  1. ha! too funny! I have to say that we have not had a marker experience yet, but when we do, I will be sure to go to you for help. It seems you know all about it!! xoxo love you.

    ReplyDelete